Stress is inevitable in our lives but our reactivity is not. When there is stress there is a tendency to develop a self-destructive narrative when we catastrophize the situation, leads to negative emotions, poor judgment and eventually to unskillful self-destructive responses. This 4 hour workshop will:
1. Explain how and why we increase our stress levels.
2. Explain how meditation techniques help us modify our negative habitual patterns.
3. Teach several meditation techniques and explain when to use them.
4. Provide recommendations for integrating these practices into your life.
There will be a lunch served so that we can practice mindful eating. 1. What are the problems that mindfulness and meditation address and what are the skills needed to deal with them.
– 5200 Montrose Blvd Houston, TX 77006
– Saturday February 23rd from 10 am to 2 pm
– Call (713) 524.8253 for more details